Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have been with my boyfriend as a live in years. Now

Customer Question

I have been with my boyfriend as a live in for 8 years. Now he is throwing me out can I get palimony in florida
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good evening,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Palimony is not something that is automatic because you have lived with someone. It is available only in special situations? Do you have an agreement with hiom that he will give you anything of value if he ever were to break upo with you?
2. Has he given you a certain amount of time to leave?
3. Is the residence owned by hom or solely leased to him?
This seems like a very serious situation for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call.
Thanks in advance,
Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good evening,
I stand ready to assist you if you would respond to the information I requested. Without it I can't answer your question with any certainty.
Doug