Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am divorced (in CT) and have been paying unallocated

Customer Question
alimony based on earnings of...
I am divorced (in CT) and have been paying unallocated alimony based on earnings of $300,000. Very suddenly I have lost my job and will be filing for a modification. My question is whether the state will require me to work in a different field from the
one I am qualified in since it might take me some time to find a position - in fact I might never find a position that I have experience in and if I take a low level position in a different industry I might never be taken seriously
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/19/2015
Family Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 3 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Define different field. How different? Doctor to WalMart employee? Front side computer tech to back side?
This seems like a very serious situation for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call.
Thanks in advance,
Doug
Doug