Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am divorced (in CT) and have been paying unallocated

Customer Question

I am divorced (in CT) and have been paying unallocated alimony based on earnings of $300,000. Very suddenly I have lost my job and will be filing for a modification. My question is whether the state will require me to work in a different field from the
one I am qualified in since it might take me some time to find a position - in fact I might never find a position that I have experience in and if I take a low level position in a different industry I might never be taken seriously
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Define different field. How different? Doctor to WalMart employee? Front side computer tech to back side?
This seems like a very serious situation for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call.
Thanks in advance,
Doug
Doug