How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

DUring a divorce in 1987, I signed a quitclaim on a timeshare.

Customer Question

DUring a divorce in 1987, I signed a quitclaim on a timeshare. My ex is selling it and they lost my signed document (and I have moved so can't find my divorce decree.
The paperwork to sign one now is in my former married name and no one will notarize it for me. Urgent to get past this. How?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Did you get a name change as part of the divorce (included in the divorce decree) or afterwards? Have you brought that decree with you to show that you're the same person?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I can't find any of that paperwork. I realize if I had the name change I could probably get it notarized. Paperwork lost in truck accident six years ago during move
California doesn't seem to be able to find any...any of my info!
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Have you contacted the court that issued the name change to get copies of the order? Or have you inquired about putting your name "FKA" (formerly known as) your previous name?