Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

Under what circumstances would a magistrate rule that one party

Customer Question

Under what circumstances would a magistrate rule that one party pay the other costs in the family court. Give an example please
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..One instance would be where the party who filed the court action, whatever it was, did so purely out of malice and spite without any legal grounds and only for the purpose of harassing the other party. Judges don't like this and can then force that party to bear the costs of the other party's legal costs in defending the action. This is the most common reason that a judge would order one side to pay the other side's legal costs..thanksBarrister