LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

MY DAUGHTER IS A STRAIGHT A STUDANT SHE IS BEING HELD IN CT

Customer Question

MY DAUGHTER IS A STRAIGHT A STUDANT SHE IS BEING HELD IN CT HENNIPEN CTY MN FOR 3 COUNTS AGRAVATED ROBBEERY BAIL IS(###) ###-####PLEASE IS THEIR ANYTHING I CAN ASK OR SAY TO THE JUDGE TO GET HER OUT SHE NEVER BEEN IN TROUBLE SHE IS NOT EVER USED DRUGS NOTHING HER NEW BOYFRIEND AND HIS FROIENDS GOT HER AL;L VAOGHT UP IN THIS HELP
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good morning,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your daughter's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Under MN laws, Aggravated Robbery is a very serious offense, because it involves not only the crime of robbery, but the use of a dangerous weapon---often a knife or a gun----during the robbery.
Here is the law which sets out what she is being charged with:
"609.245 AGGRAVATED ROBBERY.
Subdivision 1.First degree.
Whoever, while committing a robbery, is armed with a dangerous weapon or any article used or fashioned in a manner to lead the victim to reasonably believe it to be a dangerous weapon, or inflicts bodily harm upon another, is guilty of aggravated robbery in the first degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 20 years or to payment of a fine of not more than $35,000, or both.
Subd. 2.Second degree.
Whoever, while committing a robbery, implies, by word or act, possession of a dangerous weapon, is guilty of aggravated robbery in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 15 years or to payment of a fine of not more than $30,000, or both."
I certainly empathize with your angst and fear over your daughter being arrested and charged with such a serious crime. A nephew of mine, who was with some "friends" had a very similar incident in his life a few years ago and so I do have some understanding of what you are going through.
It is a difficult thing for a parent to face. However, the bail is set as high as it is because of the seriousness of the offense. Nothing that you could possibly say to a judge would result in your daughter being released without posting bail at this point in time.
The only way to get her out of jail immediately will be for you or someone else---a friend or relative--- to arrange for bail to be posted. Any local Bail Bondsman in the county where your daughter is being held will be able to assist you in posting her bond. Additionally, if you can afford it, you should consider retaining a criminal defense attorney to assist her in her defense.
Here is a link to several Bail Bond offices in Hennepen County which you can contact to arrange for her release on bail:
http://www.bing.com/entities/search?q=HENNIPEN+county+mn+bail+bond&filters=segment%3a%22local%22&qs=n&pin=YN449x32627855%2cYN449x229905161%2cYN449x8227345%2cYN873x122643810%2cYN873x102622351&pq=hennipen+county+mn+bail+bond&sc=0-26&sp=-1&cvid=0e720b17819444e39b155293e0edbf0b&qpvt=HENNIPEN+county+mn+bail+bond&FORM=SEMORE
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you the best in 2015,
Doug