Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What are the legal/ real estate recourses in Israeli law for…

Customer Question
What are the legal/ real...
What are the legal/ real estate recourses in Israeli law for the following situation?
A divorce action takes place in America, whereby the entire title of a property that is located in Israel is unjustly given to one spouse by an American Supreme Court Judge. The Israeli court then rules to permit this transfer to this unentitled spouse.
The reasons that there was an injustice in this transfer are for the following reasons:
i. The divorce was achieved by fraudulent means by the female spouse to get the divorce and therefore the property
ii. The male spouse lost his share of the property because he was an incompetent and onlyrecieved his legal papers, pertaining to this issue after the title was transferred to his spouse. Had they been submitted earlier, these papers proving his incompetency would have voided the American Supreme Court order.
iii. His share of the property had been sold previous to the enactment of the American judgment to a third party, who is now injured by the transfer of the property to the wife.
Once the title has been transferred to the wife and/or if the property has been recently sold, are there any Israeli laws, -within a time frame- which could force the undoing of the sale. It should be pointed out that the wife is highly crooked and would run away or hide the monies she received from this unlawful sale. In addition, it may be noted that the wife has family in Israel and a possible judgment against her might prevent her return there.
Your prompt answer is deeply appreciated.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/18/2015
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 3 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
Ani orech din b'USA aval ani yodeah hahok israeli.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify something:
1) Was there another divorce proceeding in Israel? Or, did the Israeli court simply "register" the American divorce, but, changed some of the judgment decisions while doing so?
2) "The divorce was achieved by fraudulent means by the female spouse to get the divorce and therefore the property" WHICH divorce - in USA or in Israel? Fraudulent how?
3) You mean the male is mentally incompetent? Have they been medically diagnosed as so?
4) Who received the property in the American divorce - he? Who received it in the Israeli divorce/judgment - she?
5) Was the property purchased before or AFTER marriage? Whose name(s) are/is/was/were the deed during the marriage?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.