Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I am a custodial parent, parent plan states time

Customer Question

I am a custodial parent, parent plan states for summer time noncustodian parent to select dates they wish to exercise summer parenting time on or before May 1. It is now June 17 and he is demanding the 2 weeks uninterrupted summer time. Can he get the time if he didn't ask by the designated time, plus the children do not want to go with him for that long also he couch hops with them and doesn't have a set place he takes them during his weekends
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
He would likely still be entitled to his summer visitation, but it would also likely be that he would have to take what you are willing to allow instead of him being able to demand what he wants since he missed the deadline.
The simplest thing would be to try and reach an agreement, and if you can't do so, he or you could file a motion with the court and ask the judge to determine the issue since he missed the deadline and now your children have plans for the entire summer....which he is attempting to interfere with....and see what the judge does.
The decision would be ultimately up to the judge, but it would likely be that the judge would allow him his time under the plan, BUT the judge would likely require him to take the time when and where you can allow it based on the schedules of the children....so 2 weeks uninterrupted is likely not possible.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
No problem and please let me know if you have any additional question. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting.