How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris T., JD Your Own Question
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4827
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Chris T., JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Civil Rights case, I think a good one I would like

Customer Question

I have a Civil Rights case, I think a good one I would like to bring against the state of Wyoming, related to the court refusing to enforce the remedial sanctions ordered by the judge, which in refusing to enforce, has contributed to the parental alienation
of my children. I live in Indiana, so would file the suite in Federal Court (I assume). When looking for an attorney, do I look in Wyoming, or do I look in Indiana?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.
Yes, if you have a civil rights case against the state, you would want to file that in federal court. For reference, here is the statute you would most likely use:
Since the case would need to be filed in Wyoming, you would want a Wyoming lawyer, although an Indiana lawyer licensed in Wyoming would work, too.

Related Family Law Questions