How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend told me he has a abusive stepdad and when his mom

Customer Question

my friend told me he has a abusive stepdad and when his mom needed to get a separation but he got beat and he hit his stepdad and he came for him and he spent weeks in the hospital what do i do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Your friend needs outside help (if he has already made police reports, he can continue making them), child protective services can investigate, your school counselors can help, in addition to the police, your district attorney or prosecutor's office will have a victim's right's department that can offer assistance.
You can offer support to your friend, but the best assistance, and the help that he needs is going to come from outside agencies and support. Do not give up on them even though they may have dismissed past police reports.