Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My friend told me he has a abusive stepdad and when his mom…

Customer Question
my friend told me he...
my friend told me he has a abusive stepdad and when his mom needed to get a separation but he got beat and he hit his stepdad and he came for him and he spent weeks in the hospital what do i do
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/17/2015
Family Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 3 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Your friend needs outside help (if he has already made police reports, he can continue making them), child protective services can investigate, your school counselors can help, in addition to the police, your district attorney or prosecutor's office will have a victim's right's department that can offer assistance.
You can offer support to your friend, but the best assistance, and the help that he needs is going to come from outside agencies and support. Do not give up on them even though they may have dismissed past police reports.