How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a child who will be 3 in a couple of months. My ex husband

Customer Question

I have a child who will be 3 in a couple of months. My ex husband signed the birth cert. and shares equal custody and expenses. An ex boyfriend claims the child is his. He got out of jail and is now saying he is going to force us into a paternity test on our child. Can he get a court order to do this? Our child has a loving father who was there during the pregnancy, birth and everything in between.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Do you think there is an merit to his claim? Were you married and with the father of the child when you were pregnant?