How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28035
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband pays current child support( nowhere near what's

Customer Question

My ex husband pays current child support( nowhere near what's court order has ordered). He owes arreareage also. He has remarried and now has a tow truck and a business. He has put the company in his current wife's name to avoid little or no payment. I have given child support information on the situation, NOW I get less than I was receiving before hand. They lie about what HE is getting paid. They say "my ex is JUST an employee. Fact is, it is HIS TOW TRUCKING BUSINESS! Can I receive child support from HER under Missouri laws if so what steps do I NEED to take? Thank you, ***** ***** Goodlow
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. It is highly unlikely that the court would order her to pay child support, since she has no legal right to the child. While she is a step-parent, she has no financial obligation to pay or support the child. However, there are things which can be done. First, if he has not paid was court ordered and owes arrears, he can be held in contempt of court. You can take him back to court and bring him before the Judge and ask that he be held in contempt and the Judge take steps to compel him to pay. The Judge may impose jail if he does not and his license could be suspended. Moreover, if you think he is playing games and hiding money, an audit can always be done and his financials looked into, along with her, if he is hiding money. You would want and need an attorney to help you and if you prevail, can also ask that he be ordered to pay your attorney fees. If there is money hidden, bank accounts and records could be looked into, to show that he has the money but is hiding it and not paying.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!