How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27634
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son, 22, was a passenger in car that was stopped in new

Customer Question

my son, 22, was a passenger in car that was stopped in new york, had 11.1 grams of hash oil....what do i do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. Where was the oil found? Did you son make any admission or statements regarding it? Was he charged with anything?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he took it out of his pocket....charged with 220.06 under the pl
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i understand thats a d-felony, however his 1st offense, do i need to get him a lawyer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will he be sentenced to jail
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Yes, he needs an attorney. The attorney will look over all the evidence and see if he has any legal defenses to raise or if the case should go to trial. If not then the attorney can try and work out a plea deal. Now, since he is a first time offender he could avoid jail and be placed on a probationary sentence. Moreover, if this can be shown for personal use and that he wants/needs help a drug court / diversion program may be entered into as well if offered. If you can not afford an attorney he can ask to be appointed the public defender at his next court hearing as well.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Just wanted to follow up and see if there is anything else I can answer or help with. Thank you