Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex husband and I have joint physical and legal custody of…

Customer Question
my ex husband and I...
my ex husband and I have joint physical and legal custody of our son. Im very ill so the son live with his faher. My ex lets me see my son once every six months,in violation of our custody agreement. He has even denied visitation with my father and every other rue laid out in themediation agreement - doctoctor visits, religious, school...thing we have to agree on before he can make decisions. What do I do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
Ex huband will nit allow my father (inTX) to see George but he is allowed to see his other grandparents all the time and goes on vacation with them.. My father doesnt even get to see and hug hi. I have bee out of work for 2 years with serious phsyical disabilities and my ex say that if I cnt paythe ull support then I cant see George. In short, he said "when you act like hismother Ill treat you look his mother." What is my recourse? This cant be legal.
6/15/2015
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
If the father is not following the order set out by the court with regard to visitation, then your recourse here is to file a "motion for contempt" with the court that put the visitation order in place. That will force him to appear in front of the judge and explain why he is willfully violating the judge's orders regarding visitation. The judge can then penalize him from a verbal reprimand, to fines, to modifying the custody order to give you more custodial time.
.
.
thanks