How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37365
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband and I have joint physical and legal custody of

Customer Question

my ex husband and I have joint physical and legal custody of our son. Im very ill so the son live with his faher. My ex lets me see my son once every six months,in violation of our custody agreement. He has even denied visitation with my father and every other rue laid out in themediation agreement - doctoctor visits, religious, school...thing we have to agree on before he can make decisions. What do I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ex huband will nit allow my father (inTX) to see George but he is allowed to see his other grandparents all the time and goes on vacation with them.. My father doesnt even get to see and hug hi. I have bee out of work for 2 years with serious phsyical disabilities and my ex say that if I cnt paythe ull support then I cant see George. In short, he said "when you act like hismother Ill treat you look his mother." What is my recourse? This cant be legal.
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
If the father is not following the order set out by the court with regard to visitation, then your recourse here is to file a "motion for contempt" with the court that put the visitation order in place. That will force him to appear in front of the judge and explain why he is willfully violating the judge's orders regarding visitation. The judge can then penalize him from a verbal reprimand, to fines, to modifying the custody order to give you more custodial time.