How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31787
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend has cancer and no financial means husband is abusive

Customer Question

a friend has cancer and no financial means husband is abusive trying to get her out of her house before she dies a lawyer she went to said he needed $1500.00 before he will do anything can she get help elsewhere cheaper.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Family Law litigation attorney in Mississippi. I'll be glad to assist.
There are several options for your friend. The easiest thing she can do is contact the Mississippi Bar Association and ask for held finding a local legal aid or pro bono attorney in her area. Here's a link to the bar's website:
The bar association will help her find someone in her area to help at little or no cost to her.