How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116816
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can the non-custodial parent obtain bank records to support

Customer Question

How can the non-custodial parent obtain bank records to support payments made before the past 7 years?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would need to serve a subpoena on the bank for any microfilm or computer records on the account from those dates. Unfortunately, pursuant to their data destruction policy, they only by law have to keep bank records for 5 years after the record was made. So I am afraid that if they do not have the record on microfilm or disc and you have no copies, it is impossible to get the information.

Related Family Law Questions