Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

How can the non-custodial parent obtain bank records to support

Customer Question
payments made before the past...
How can the non-custodial parent obtain bank records to support payments made before the past 7 years?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/14/2015
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would need to serve a subpoena on the bank for any microfilm or computer records on the account from those dates. Unfortunately, pursuant to their data destruction policy, they only by law have to keep bank records for 5 years after the record was made. So I am afraid that if they do not have the record on microfilm or disc and you have no copies, it is impossible to get the information.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer