Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Here is my situation. My daughter is in jail at the moment

Customer Question
and her boyfriend my granddaughter's...
Here is my situation. My daughter is in jail at the moment and her boyfriend my granddaughter's father is dead. She has been staying with his parents for over a week now. I have a paper notarized by her if something were to happen to her like if she goes to jail I would get custody. On this monday however his parents are going to court to get a restraining order on her so she cannot see and or talk to her daughter. Is that legal? Also I was told I would have to have a lawyer in order to get custody of my grandaughter but the price is way too too high for me. I have the paper saying about the custody and it is signed and notarized but I need to know what are my options.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/14/2015
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
Please tell me
How did they get possession of your granddaughter?
What is the basis for the restraining order and it is against your daughter?
Cause she is in jail cause of his death also they live close by
Monday is the court date for the restraining order it has not been decided yet also i have the custody paper signed by her
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Legal Discussion by Email. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
HelloThank you. I do not participate in the phone calls offered by this site.However, the can request the restraining order against your daughter. But it will also take them petitioning the court for guardianship/court ordered custody to take the custody from you. I suggest, you can also file for the custody Or when they file oppose it.
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law