Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am a civil service retired and also 100 percent va, My question…

Customer Question
I am a civil service...
I am a civil service retired and also 100 percent va, My question is that I live with my fiancé and he is done with 21 year old new York child butt she and the court Ordered him to pay aLimony or maintenance so my question if I marry him is she able to get the money from me bc he does not have money
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/14/2015
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Sorry...I want to make sure I understand...are you asking if the court can order him to pay more alimony if he marries you?