How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116708
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A New York family judge gave temp custody to the maternal

Customer Question

Hello, A New York family judge gave temp custody to the maternal grandmother stating that I have never been there for my daughters. They have no real proof of this because they never asked me to proof otherwise. They were taken away from their mother and put in a foster home because the mother and grandmother told the state they didn't have a way to contact me which wasnt true. The maternal grandmother and I live in Florida. In the state of Florida I have full custody of my daughter but the state of New York stated that they supercede any cases. Now I have been given Liberal visitation but the grandmother is giving me once a week for about an hour supervise visits. I have not seen my daughters since the mother ran away with them since 2012 to NY and Now I have liberal visitation and I can rebond with my daughters. The grandmother is seeking sole custody and so am I but I can't really spend any time to reconnect with my daughters. My daughters told me that the grandmother told them that I have been too busy to come see them and meanwhile the grandmother keep telling me that they had a family meeting and that the girls do not want to spend time with me.
How can another state take my parental rights away as i have custody?
How can I get close enough to my daughters to rebond with them?
The grandmother has the GAL and DCF worker on her side because she is a manipulator.
How can i get the Gal and the DCF worker to listen to my side of the story?
Also the grandmother has always kept in touch with my daughters via phone but she never wanted to give me thier phone number or their address to where there mother kidnap them so of course they will be closer to the grandmother. How can I turn this to my favor? They are my daughters I love them, what can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The problem with DCF and GAL is that they are frequently incompetent, negligent and abusive of their power and exercise personal bias not in the best interests of the child. In order to overcome this, you have no choice but to get your lawyer to get to court and file in court to get a hearing and present evidence to the court of the conduct of the grandmother and seek to prove the GAL and DCF social worker are lying and fabricating evidence, that is your sole recourse with something like this.
You have to fight in court and you would need to beat these people at their own game by presenting the evidence to show they are lying. This is going to be your only chance to fight this and if you can get the attorney to get your daughter to testify as to their conduct, that would help convince the judge that the GAL and DCF are lying as well.

Related Family Law Questions