How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can i annul a less than 3 month marriage to a illegal immigrate,

Customer Question

how can i annul a less than 3 month marriage to a illegal immigrate, and gain custody of our year old baby. she left me 3 weeks ago with my baby, without a word, parts unknown. Is that considered kidnapping.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
Annulment might not be possible but divorce may be possible. Are you claiming fraud as a basis for annulment? In what state do you wish to file? Also, did you formally sponsor your spouse via immigration or you never filed anything on her behalf?