Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

How can i annul a less than 3 month marriage to a illegal immigrate,

Customer Question
and gain custody of our...
how can i annul a less than 3 month marriage to a illegal immigrate, and gain custody of our year old baby. she left me 3 weeks ago with my baby, without a word, parts unknown. Is that considered kidnapping.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/13/2015
Family Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
Annulment might not be possible but divorce may be possible. Are you claiming fraud as a basis for annulment? In what state do you wish to file? Also, did you formally sponsor your spouse via immigration or you never filed anything on her behalf?
Ely, Counselor at Law