How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have already filed , but my estranged husband left

Customer Question

I have already filed for divore, but my estranged husband left the state and country. I have no way to contact him. He has been gone since March 14, 2014. He left without signing his copy. Does yhis mean that I am leagally divorced or not. If so, how do I go about marital abandonment??
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I'm sorry I'm not sure I understand your question; was your divorce to be a contested divorce or uncontested divorce?