How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Children are currently in foster care in Muscogee County

Customer Question

My Children are currently in foster care in Muscogee County and I reside in Chattham County. After Moving to Chattham County I gave birth to a baby with special needs. A case was open and closed March2015. I have completed everything on my case plan in Muscogee county but obtaing employment there are special circustances which make it impossible for me to obtain an income. I have a special needs child who was born with cleft lip and palte and daycares will not take him. They are talking about Termenating my parental rights what can I do to stop this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, if you have already lost children to CPS, it makes it easier to remove a new child as well. I am afraid you will need a local attorney to fight the CPS social workers because once they have made up their minds you are not compliant they will do everything to lie and make up things against you to get the parental rights taken. Having a local attorney would prevent them from telling you one thing and doing something else. If you cannot find any child daycare through the state social services agency so that you can get employment and earn income, then that would be evidence you would present to the court in defense of why you cannot work.
Just not being able to work is not grounds to terminate your parental rights if you are otherwise a fit parent and have complied with their parenting plan. They have to prove by clear and convincing evidence that you are not a fit parent in order to terminate your parental rights and if you have the evidence to show that you have corrected any past issues that caused you to lose your other children, then that is what you would need in court to fight CPS and getting to a local attorney (legal aid or calling the state bar for pro bono attorneys in your area who can assist is what you need to do if you cannot afford an attorney).