How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16625
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am married and have two children - 3 and 11 years old. My

Customer Question

I am married and have two children - 3 and 11 years old. My parents have never seen my 3 years old daughter except on Skype. My father is 85 years old and my mother is 82 years old. Because my mother is totally bedridden and cannot travel, it is not possible to bring them over from Bangladesh to see my kids. My wife went to Bangladesh (I paid for the trip) and she is now in Bangladesh. She now refuses to let my parents see my kids. My motyher just had a surgery and is in and out of the Intensive Care Unit. They want to see my kids. Here are my questions:
1. Can I take legal steps to make her take my kids to see the Grand parents.
2. If that is not possible before July 24, 2015 (When my kids and my wife are flying back to St. Louis), can I (with police help or legal orders, take my 3 years old to Bangladesh for 3 weeks to see her Grand Parents?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Unfortunately, since this is a civil family matter, police would not generally get involved and the only way to force a parent who has custody of the children to allow visitation with a grandparent, is with a court order from local family court and unfortunately, in most cases, the court would not allow such visitation, if it involves travel overseas, especially to a country that is not part of Hague Convention.
I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.
I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Related Family Law Questions