How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son just turned 16 and while staying the night at a friends

Customer Question

My son just turned 16 and while staying the night at a friends house he overdosed from oxycodone the father and son stated to police that my son brought the pills to there house. We found out later that the oxycodone came from the father and they admitted to several people that they lied to detectives and didn't call 911 in fear of beeing in trouble the father is also known for selling the pills. And there is witnesses to that also. The detective never did anything just took there word for it even though the toxoligy report didn't add up to there statement . Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel. I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your son. And that the investigators are taking it very lightly.
I suggest you might consider a Private Investigator who can skillfully gather the evidence you need, such as those who know first hand that the Father sells pills and that they were distributed to your son that night and also that the Father and his son watched your son without calling 911.
You need evidence. Once you get that you can take it to the District Attorney and have them evaluate what the police will not.
You can also call the District Attorney and request an appointment to come in and talk to them about this matter and what needs to be done to bring an investigation for criminal charges against the Father.
It is going to be difficult to have a local attorney file a wrongful death lawsuit with the information on the police report. But if you can get some evidence to what you are alleging, I suggest that you possibly will find one to help.
Again, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your son. And I wish there was some magic to bring this to justice.

Related Family Law Questions