How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31782
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A man conned my Aunt signing him Power of Attorney of her bank account and business and pu

Customer Question

A man conned my Aunt signing him Power of Attorney of her bank account and business and put her in a nursing home in OK without letting us know and we are her next of kin Nephew in CA.. We are on are way to OK to see her. How do we stop this man from manipulating her well being and her belongings lawfully, a detective in OK contacted us this morning because someone contacted adult social services
what should we do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
You'd have to file a petition for guardianship/conservatorship over your aunt and allege that the POA should be voided due to his manipulation of her. Once the case is filed, you can subpoena records to prove his self-dealing and misuse/abuse of his position.
If you do find misuse and abuse, the judge should be inclined to grant you authority and terminate the authority of this person before he bleeds her dry.