FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I have fibromyalgia. will i be entitled to alimony? i am handicapped

Customer Question

i have fibromyalgia. will i be entitled to alimony? i am handicapped
and my husband is a carpenter part t
ime. i am already on Medicare
as my secondary.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
It is possible. I say this because the court considers a number of factors in determining whether or not maintenance is appropriate and if so, how long of a period of time a spouse should receive maintenance and the amount of maintenance which should be awarded. The court must factors that include:
The length of the marriage;
The disparity in the earnings of the parties;
Whether there are children of the marriage and if so, which party will be the residential parent upon a dissolution of marriage;
whether one spouse has given up career opportunities due to the marriage;
The age of the parties;
The health of the parties;
Each party's ability to acquire income and assets in the future; and
The standard of living established during the marriage.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!