How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I'm living in a state and I'm having a hard time making

Customer Question

if I'm living in a state and I'm having a hard time making a living for myself and my child, but I have a place to go in another state, can I go? you see I'm getting a divorce, my husband has joint custody of my child but he doesn't help with anything financially, I explained to him that I have to move back with my parents because I can't afford the rent and other expenses, I can't work full time because I can't afford daycare, I'm also in school and I don't have anyone to keep my child. In the other state with my parents I wouldn't have those problems, what can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
Do you have a formal custody order in place from the court regarding your joint custody?
If so, does it have a clause that prevents you from moving with the child out of state without permission from the father or the court?