Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

If I'm living in a state and I'm having a hard time making

Customer Question

if I'm living in a state and I'm having a hard time making a living for myself and my child, but I have a place to go in another state, can I go? you see I'm getting a divorce, my husband has joint custody of my child but he doesn't help with anything financially, I explained to him that I have to move back with my parents because I can't afford the rent and other expenses, I can't work full time because I can't afford daycare, I'm also in school and I don't have anyone to keep my child. In the other state with my parents I wouldn't have those problems, what can I do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Do you have a formal custody order in place from the court regarding your joint custody?
.
If so, does it have a clause that prevents you from moving with the child out of state without permission from the father or the court?
.
.
thanks