Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I've been married to a Physician years now. Recently,

Customer Question
I've been married to a...
I've been married to a Physician for 34 years now. Recently, I've inherited a large $ estate......that I'm managing. I understand that debt is debt, family, business debt......all lumped together, correct? So, I want to speak with tthe business accountant , to get a handle on our total financial picture. Isn't this my legal right? He's balking.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/8/2015
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Are you keeping your inheritance in your name alone?
.
Are you referring to WA being a community property state with regard to assets and debts acquired during the marriage?
.
Is the accountant refusing to speak to you?
.
Who is balking...husband or the accountant?
.
.
thanks
Ely, Counselor at Law