Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

In the temporary orders the judge state that I need to continue…

Customer Question
In the temporary orders the...
In the temporary orders the judge state that I need to continue my therapy and treatment plan. Due to work related situation I missed a 3 appointment and was removed from my therapy program? I'm still going seek a new therapist and start a new program. Does the put me in contempt of court?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/7/2015
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 3 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
If the therapy and treatment plan is specified as to who and when, yes it is contempt.
But if it is not and you had to stop because of work, as long as you become enrolled again someplace more conductive to your schedule it is not contempt.
I suggest you get enrolled and begin the court ordered treatment as soon as possible