How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a restraining order on my husband. He violated It on

Customer Question

I have a restraining order on my husband. He violated It on Wednesday and had a warrant out for his arrest. He was texting me saying he was going to kill me and my son.
My father was a cop for the town I live in until his passing. The officers are very helpful to me and always keep me in the loop about my soon to be ex. My soon to be ex's father is a attorney for the next town over and is very powerful and gets his son out of everything.
Last night, I received a phone call from one of the officers saying that he checked the computer to see if he turned himself in and it said it was over turned!!! How is that possible? It is a violation and the judge signed the warrant and now he overturned his decision. His father and the sheriff once again got their way. I also got a letter in the mail last week saying that my case was now being transferred to the town his father works in. I have no idea what to do? I feel defeated and I am so scared that he is going to kill me. I can't do anything because every time I do, his father gets him off. I am searching for a new lawyer now because he was just not the right one.
My question is, he violated the restraining order and had a warrant and then it got over turned and I need to know how that is legal??? All paper work states no communication and must stay a certain distance from me? His father is so powerful in this town and I can't get anywhere as long as his father keeps getting him off.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

While I cannot comment on your specific situation, generally the judge who had issued an arrest warrant has the authority to vacate an arrest warrant upon further review or if additional evidence surface or another judge in the same court can also vacate an arrest warrant.

If someone has evidence that the judge and / or prosecutor are acting unethically or involved in any type of corruption, then such can be reported to the local FBI office and also to the state judicial review board.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The restraining order states no communication. He texted me 22 times saying that he is going to kill me and my son. It says that if he contacts or comes near to me to call police asap and I did. In court he also signed a document which indicated that he fully understood the consequences if he made any contact with me. I assume I can't file another complaint on this being that the judge over turned the warrant . He obviously would sign off on another warrant. I can't take much more and now that I know nothing will be done about this if he continues these texts or actually follows through with killing me I don't know what to do. I will take your advice and contact the judicial and FBI, but does this process take a long time?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Dear Laurie,

Thank you for your follow up.

Please keep in mind, that I do not provide any type of "advice" to any customers, as this service is limited to legal professionals such as myself, providing customer with general legal information.

For any type of legal advice or legal service you should always consult with a local attorney.

Generally, once a report of official corruption is filed with the FBI, it would be assigned to an agent and the investigation will be pursued and the outcome would depend on the results of such investigation, but an investigation can in fact take some time, but there is no specific time frame.

I wish you the best of luck!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.