Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Is it possible to get a copy of call logs and text message

Customer Question
logs from verizon? What do...
Is it possible to get a copy of call logs and text message logs from verizon? What do I need to do to get it? I need it for a divorce case. Would it be useful in court if all it shows is numbers and not content of the messages? I am the account holder.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/6/2015
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, it is possible but you are going to need a court order, for them to release it. While I understand you are the account holder, Verizon will just not release these. Now, you shared that you need it for a divorce case, so if you can show the Judge that these are relevant and needed for the matter, he/she can issue the order and these can be obtained. This is something common and you can certainly call Verizon now and ask for it but I am inclined to believe they will advise you of the same.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Would the information be useful in court? Even if it only shows the numbers on the call log and no content?
It depends on what it is intended to show. For example, if you spouse is denying a call was made or received and you have the call logs to evidence it, then it would be relevant. Moreover, if there are text messages to show and prove something happened, that would be relevant as well. Just to have these and show them would not be relevant if there is no dispute. In addition, your spouse may agree or admit to making certain calls or texts, which would make this a moot point.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer