Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My legal husband filed in a texas prison.he will

Customer Question
my legal husband filed for...
my legal husband filed for divorce in a texas prison.he will be in prison till 2016. i have not been served n today was the dismissal date but i got it extended. we have no property or children. i haven't received any documents from him. am i supposed
to file some papers with the court to ensure this divorce happens? i dont have money for a lawyer. thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/6/2015
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 3 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
To be clear your husband filed for the divorce and you agree to it?
Did you ever get a complaint of divorce or any type of document that he filed with the court that said you agree to this divorce?
I am trying to understand the status of your case.
No i never got any documents.
Hello
Thank you
Do you agree to the divorce?