How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11768
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My legal husband filed in a texas prison.he will

Customer Question

my legal husband filed for divorce in a texas prison.he will be in prison till 2016. i have not been served n today was the dismissal date but i got it extended. we have no property or children. i haven't received any documents from him. am i supposed
to file some papers with the court to ensure this divorce happens? i dont have money for a lawyer. thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
To be clear your husband filed for the divorce and you agree to it?
Did you ever get a complaint of divorce or any type of document that he filed with the court that said you agree to this divorce?
I am trying to understand the status of your case.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No i never got any documents.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Do you agree to the divorce?

Related Family Law Questions