Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Restraing order served to wife husbands cost

Customer Question
restraing order served to wife husbands cost
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/6/2015
Family Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Thank you for your question.
I'm not sure I'm understanding the question you're asking, so if I haven't fully answered you, please use the REPLY feature to clarify and I'll be happy to assist you further.
I believe you are wanting to know what the cost would be for the husband to serve a restraining order (what NJ calls a domestic violence restraining order) on the wife. The answer is nothing - there is no cost to have a temporary restraining order served on someone, and then a final hearing will be scheduled where the court will decide whether to make the order permanent.
RobertJDFL, Lawyer