How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28364
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have two children and share joint custody with there father.

Customer Question

I have two children and share joint custody with there father. A new step mom comes in and I feel steals me of some things that mothers look forward to doing with there children .For instance she took my daughter shopping months before her first home coming dance , picked out dresses made all the plans with out even letting me know. I was shocked , it was her first school dance. She volenters to chaperone cheer camps and then invites me to go ,with stipulations. Am I wrong to think she has these rights?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The step mother can not interfere with any of your court ordered time. What she decides to do with your children when in the care and custody of the father, is her business. There is nothing wrong or illegal about it but it does appear that you need to have a talk with her or your husband, advising that there are certain things which you want to be part of and in control of during the children's lives and if that is not given or shared, you will take the father back to court and seek to modify the order asking the Judge to order A, B and C in regard to the care and up bringing of the child.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!