Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have two children and share joint custody with there father.

Customer Question
A new step mom comes...
I have two children and share joint custody with there father. A new step mom comes in and I feel steals me of some things that mothers look forward to doing with there children .For instance she took my daughter shopping months before her first home coming dance , picked out dresses made all the plans with out even letting me know. I was shocked , it was her first school dance. She volenters to chaperone cheer camps and then invites me to go ,with stipulations. Am I wrong to think she has these rights?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/5/2015
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The step mother can not interfere with any of your court ordered time. What she decides to do with your children when in the care and custody of the father, is her business. There is nothing wrong or illegal about it but it does appear that you need to have a talk with her or your husband, advising that there are certain things which you want to be part of and in control of during the children's lives and if that is not given or shared, you will take the father back to court and seek to modify the order asking the Judge to order A, B and C in regard to the care and up bringing of the child.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!