Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How do I reward an over the top excellent uber driver? I am…

Customer Question
How do I reward an...
How do I reward an over the top excellent uber driver? I am disabled, my mother is in beginning/more stages of Alzheimer's. He more than earned a tip
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/5/2015
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If you wanted to do this, it would have to be done in cash or in the form of a gift card or an actually gift, if you are happy with the services of this driver. Since everything is done via credit card, Uber does not allow you to add an additional time onto the fare but if you wanted to tip them with cash or a gift, you are able to do so.
I was NOT there. I am disabled, my (heading to dementia) mother was the passenger. I pay, she rides. It is easy to complain. Why so hard to reward?
Uber is set up to not allow tips on the charge card. If you are not there and it is your mother who is the passenger, have her or someone ask the drive their name and phone number. You can then contact them and send them the gratuity if you desire. What you want do is outside the scope of Uber, so it needs to be done on a personal level.
My mother always gives them a candy bar. My issue is; She is not equipped to properly compensate, what I consider "over the top" kindness, generosity, "plain good behavior", we seldom see today. I do not want this to become a conversation or debate.
She should have the divers cell phone number since they call when they are near. If not she can ask for it and pass it along to you. You can them speak with the driver and mail them a check. It is as simple as that. If she can not directly hand them the cash you need to step in and send it for her with a note informing them of the basis.
Seriously? Please understand I am not a moron. I have gone down these flipping rabbit holes before. If you do not understand it is not so much about compensation, rather, I want his employers or the world to acknowledge him. I will figure it out
It previously appeared that you were talking about financial compensation. Now I see you are talking about public recognition. The drivers work off of ratings and comments within Uber and are essentially independent contractors. You can speak and email Uber to recognize the driver but if you want the world to know, you need to go on public forums on the internet that discuss Uber and rave about his service. You can also contact local publications and see if they would do a story on this driver and how he exceeds what should be done. I understand that you want the world to know about him but that would come from the effort YOU make to share the story of him and what he does for your mother.
Got it, thank you for efforts. I must be incappable of expressing my intent. I have not found a way to express my gratitude to the people who truly deserve....done I will figure it out.
You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please rate my help at this time, so I can receive the proper credit. Thank you.
Really!,?! Oh, never mind.
I am happy to still work with you? What is it that I can answer?
At this point, just go away. I do, however, appreciate your time.
Not a problem.