Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am in the finalization of a divorce proceeding in ca with…

Customer Question
I am in the finalization...
I am in the finalization of a divorce proceeding in ca with children support and visitation has been established we just need to fill out the judgment sign the documents and turn them in. My ex want me to sign the judgment and she attend a divorce workshop while I'm not present. I will be deployed in a month. I don't feel comfortable signing documents she may possible change while I not present in ending my divorce. Can I file a bifurcation so I can remarry before I leave on deployment and it be granted so I can remarry.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/3/2015
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: Yes, you can file request to bifurcate the case. However, there is no guarantee that the Court would rule on your request before your deployment or that the Court would grant your request. Click on the link below for more information on the process, forms, instructions: http://www.courts.ca.gov/1238.htm

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law