How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 26737
Experience:  18 years of litigation experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a restraining order against a person who keeps calling

Customer Question

i have a restraining order against a person who keeps calling the polic on me. but nothing is being done. they told me it was not on file but i have my signed order from the courts. what do i do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i still have not been answered but you took my money
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
Please understand that when you post a question in the very early morning, very few lawyers are on line to read it.
If you just got your order today, the police would not necessarily be aware of the order. Additionally, if the order was gotten ex-parte (without any notice to the person you're taking action against) it does not become valid unless someone over 18, who cannot be you, personally serves the defendant with it. He cannot violate an order he doesn't know about.
You can contact the police and have them serve your neighbor with a copy of the order. That would kill two birds with one stone -- put your neighbor on notice and keep the police from denying that there is such an order.

Related Family Law Questions