How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9340
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a still born about a month ago. The father of my child

Customer Question

I had a still born about a month ago. The father of my child that abandoned us and left me with medical bills and preparation for her arrival for another woman.:. Now will not help me out financially since her passing. Can I sur him? This doesn't seem fair the pain, suffering, emotional distress and now I'm im debt for medical bills after loosing my daughter full term unexpectingly: he knows and had admitted he is the father and will help.. But after her death won't corperate. Please help I don't know what to do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear this.
Did he ever agree in writing to pay half or any of the bills?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In texts yes.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.
You can sue for breach of contract based on the agreement in the texts.
You can sue for up to $10,000 in small claims court. The forms are linked from
I hope this information is helpful.

Related Family Law Questions