Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I had a still born about a month ago. The father of my child…

Customer Question
I had a still born...
I had a still born about a month ago. The father of my child that abandoned us and left me with medical bills and preparation for her arrival for another woman.:. Now will not help me out financially since her passing. Can I sur him? This doesn't seem fair the pain, suffering, emotional distress and now I'm im debt for medical bills after loosing my daughter full term unexpectingly: he knows and had admitted he is the father and will help.. But after her death won't corperate. Please help I don't know what to do.
Tara
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/3/2015
Family Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 3 years ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
I am sorry to hear this.
Did he ever agree in writing to pay half or any of the bills?
In texts yes.
You can sue for breach of contract based on the agreement in the texts.
You can sue for up to $10,000 in small claims court. The forms are linked from
https://www.utcourts.gov/howto/smallclaims/
I hope this information is helpful.