How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118783
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do I do about a judge signing off on temporary guardianship

Customer Question

What do I do about a judge signing off on temporary guardianship papers that my signature is on but my signature was forged by someone also I told her that i objected to the guardianship. The judge told me she would set a court date and we would go from there but instead she just signed the papers the very next morning with out notifying me. Now everybody I talk to tryin to find out how to get my son back home with me tells me to get a lawyer but I can't afford to pay a whole lot of money at one time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your signature was forged on the papers then it is not a valid consent to guardianship and you need to file a motion to vacate the guardianship in the court that ordered it. If the judge refuses to vacate the guardianship, then you have a right to file an appeal to the appeals court to challenge the guardianship based on the fraud.
If you cannot afford an attorney, you need to contact legal aid and also the state bar and ask for the pro bono attorneys in your area who can assist in representing you.
No matter what you have to apply to the court to get them to vacate the guardianship based on the forgery.