originallawyer
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
74576488

I am divorced with one child. i have custody, In the divorce

Customer Question

I am divorced with one child. i have custody, In the divorce decree when it comes to summer visitation, the paper work says the weeks she gets is four weeks one two week period and a two week period and it says these weeks shall include each parents alternating weekend. does that mean that she keeps getting him alternating weekends even thru the summer?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 2 years ago.
That's what it sounds like to me. It sounds like you all agreed that during the summer, alternating weekends would continue, so during your time, she gets alternating weekends, and during her time, you get alternating weekends.
Without actually seeing the exact wording, I can't say for sure, but based on what you told me, I think that is correct. If you aren't sure, many attorneys will do a document review for free or limited fee.