How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters husband of 10 years left her and their two children

Customer Question

My daughters husband of 10 years left her and their two children over a year ago and moved in with a woman he worked with. My daughter filed for divorce but it has not yet been granted as it keeps dragging on. It doesn't seem fair that although my daughter has kept the home and upkeep, she has been ordered by the magistrate/judge to put the home on the market and move out of the home by the end of June even though no divorce has been granted. Her and the children have no where to go and can no longer afford to pay an attorney so her attorney has withdrawn her representation in the case.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry to hear this is going on. Before the attorney withdrew, did the attorney at least file for child support and spousal support? Is she able to buy the husband out of his share of the home?
Has she gone to legal aid or the state bar to get a local pro bono attorney to pick up her representation, because she will need to do so and get representation to fight this.