Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

In my case I was sanctioned by a judge, years no

Customer Question

in my case I was sanctioned by a judge, for three years no letters or judgments were filed as we continued to negotiate. We asked the judge to reconsider his position. He closed the case and refused to consider our petition. It went to the Supreme Court of Montana and the court ruled 3 to 2 that our case was closed! But the county or the court never filed a final judgment! Do we have a case now that says we don't have to pay because the court found the case closed?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 2 years ago.
Hello there -
-
Can you tell me why the case was "CLosed" in the first place? Was it due to inactivity on the case ? Was it actually dismissed, rather than simply "closed" ??
-
At what point were the sanctions put into place ? And why ?
-
I may have more questions based upon your answers to the above questions, so please bear with me. I am just pinning down the order of things and what it all means.
-
MARY
-