How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28052
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had an affair with a woman and now it's over. She posted

Customer Question

I had an affair with a woman and now it's over. She posted pictures of us on her facebook page (public view) and constantly posts comments that can be construed as we are together. How can I stop this as it may ruin my marriage and hurt my job?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please note that this is taking place in NJ and I don't know if this can change the answer.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. You can try and contact Facebook and see if they will remove the photos or suspend her account. I want to be up front and honest and tell you she is not really doing anything wrong. This is not a situation where she is trying to blackmail or extort you for money and she has a right to post the photos and comment on them. There is nothing necessarily illegal about her posting photos which you voluntarily took and it was a voluntary decision to have the affair. If she wanted to tell your spouse, she could, without repercussion. Now, if her intent is to try and ruin your employment, this could be a different story, so you may want to speak with the police about that. However, if she is simply posting the photos and commenting on them, there is nothing illegal about that.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!