How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12358
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter will be 18 July 29, 2015. She just graduated in

Customer Question

My daughter will be 18 July 29, 2015. She just graduated in the state of Florida. She lives with her father. She is ready to come to Texas because He is not a nice person. I got custody of my 19 and 18 year old because he was abusive to them and they got
a five year injuction against him. We have been in and out of court for years and between two states. So can she leave now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again.
Despite the fact that she just graduated from high school, and despite the fact that the father was abusive to your 19 and 18 year old, I'm sorry to say that your daughter will still have to wait until she is 18 before she can leave her father's house and visit Texas without his permission.
Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.