How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex son in law is $10,000 behind in child support. He has

Customer Question

My ex son in law is $10,000 behind in child support. He has let his court order life insurance lapse several times among other things. I have emailed him over the past few years when these things occur and call him out on it. He is now trying to file an injunction to the decree that would not allow me to "harass" him via email. The injunction says he or my daughter can only contact him if it is about "the welfare of the kids" -that is the only time I do contact him is when it is about the kids. Do you think there is a chance a judge will enforce this injunction under those circumstances?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. Just to be clear, you meant to say "Me" or my daughter? Is there anything in place at this time that restricts your ability to contact him? Also does you daughter advise him of these things? In addition, why do you let him know? I am just trying to get an idea of where she is in all of this?