Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex son in law is $10,000 behind in child support. He has…

Customer Question
My ex son in law...
My ex son in law is $10,000 behind in child support. He has let his court order life insurance lapse several times among other things. I have emailed him over the past few years when these things occur and call him out on it. He is now trying to file an injunction to the decree that would not allow me to "harass" him via email. The injunction says he or my daughter can only contact him if it is about "the welfare of the kids" -that is the only time I do contact him is when it is about the kids. Do you think there is a chance a judge will enforce this injunction under those circumstances?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
5/31/2015
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. Just to be clear, you meant to say "Me" or my daughter? Is there anything in place at this time that restricts your ability to contact him? Also does you daughter advise him of these things? In addition, why do you let him know? I am just trying to get an idea of where she is in all of this?