How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10260
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It appears that I will be going of my mother

Customer Question

It appears that I will be going for guardianship of my mother in Florida. My brother currently has it but is going to be removed for failure to provide services as required by the court. I have an expunged record in Florida in 1990 and in TN 2000 for peeing in the woods. Will those have to be reported on the application for guardianship? Is it possible they will prevent me from obtaining guardianshp? I really do not want a 'professional company' handling her matters? If I don't report the what would happen?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 2 years ago.
Good Day! I'll do my best to assist you. Please remember: I only provide general information and a local attorney should always be consulted.
Thank you for your patience while I researched this for you.
Please see attached, page 2:
Generally a guardian will be denied if they are deemed unfit. This goes to moral character.
As such, the lapse of time between any "immoral" offenses/convictions and the guardian application will result in the court discounting offenses that occurred in the distant past. They are more concerned about current moral values, so if there have been no recent events, the guardianship would typically be approved.
If you have further questions please be sure and respond before rating. If you have no further questions, Kindly rate positively so that the site is permitted to credit my account for assisting you- there is no additional charge for a positive rating and it is most appreciated.
Without a positive rating, I receive no compensation for assisting you this evening.
Thank you and take care!
Expert:  LegalGems replied 2 years ago.
Here is a link to help locate an attorney.
Of course, should you have other questions please do not hesitate to post here;
otherwise kindly rate positively if you found the above information useful, so that the site can credit a portion of your payment to credit me for my time- this does not result in additional charges to the customer.
Thank you!