How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I owed back child support which was not done correctly by

Customer Question

If I owed back child support which was not done correctly by my past attorney, she used my mothers and stepdad's income so my support was raised from 352 month to 1200 a month. Then she did not file in 30 days to fight it, so with support an interest, it says I owe close to 40 K. I showed my tax returns and worked very little so there was no way the support should have gone up in the first place. Which is way out of line, then I got custody for the last 5 years and their mother never paid me any support, they now live again with their mother as they are getting older an need a women in their lives. I was told there was nothing I could do about this. Also at some point my mother has a very small villa in Florida that she wants to put my name on title so I will have a place to live, will the state come after it????
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Is your question whether the state can place a lien on the real estate property for delinquent child support in Florida if you use the property as your primary residence?