How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16720
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex wife and mother of our 3 children is over $15,000 in

Customer Question

My ex wife and mother of our 3 children is over $15,000 in arrears of court ordered child support payments. She was supposed to be filing for disability and if approved she was to pay the back child support from any money's received from SSDI. This was almost 2 years ago. My question is would I receive notification from SSA that she is receiving benefits since I have sole legal custody of our 3 minor children. My ex is now living somewhere in Yuma Az and refuse to provide a current address or answer any questions. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Generally, if there is a back owed child support and the parent who owes such delinquent child support receives a SSDI payment, the delinquent child support would be automatically deducted from the SSDI payment by the state child support enforcement unit.

I wish you the best of luck!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.