How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

MY baby mom took off with our baby and is hiding my son from

Customer Question

MY baby mom took off with our baby and is hiding my son from me I have court paper work to serve on her and she was living at her mother home. if I cant serve her can I have the court paper work serve on her mother because the mother knows were she is.
This is Oregon in Washington county. What can I do? are how do I get to see my son?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
No. You cannot serve the Mother. It has to be to the other party directly.
I suggest, if your process server brings back the return as avoiding service or unable to serve/locate that you can file an Affidavit with the court and request permission to be able to serve by publican. That means it would allow you to place a Legal Notice in the local newspaper and that will be legal service.
And then you can request a hearing and if the other party does not appear the court could rule in your favor.