How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31685
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I know Texas does not recognize alienation of affection. Do

Customer Question

I know Texas does not recognize alienation of affection. Do I have any legal options for the mental, emotional, and physical effects this woman has caused me? My husband had a one time physical event with her. They both thought they erased every thing. So almost 1 year later I found all emails etc. so neither of them have anything, nor do they know what I have. I have confronted her just wanting an apology, and for her to tell her husband and she and her husband have treated me like a piece of crap. I gave talked to a divorce attorney but that is not what my husband and I want for our family. Do I have any other options to get this behind me? In addition to the thousands of dollars of counseling. Also, limited to work since I am in the medical field. Please help!!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.
You would have the ability to sue for intentional infliction of emotional distress IF you can prove that: (1) the defendant acted intentionally or recklessly; (2) the defendant's conduct was be extreme and outrageous; and (3) the conduct must be the cause (4) of severe emotional distress.
If you can prove that, then you would have a claim. You may want to consult a local lawyer about pursuing the claim against this woman.