How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wish to mary a woman from another country

Customer Question

I wish to mary a woman from another country that doesnt have a valid passport What is needed and how long do i have to wait after i obtain a marriage liscence
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JenniferImmLaw replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you today.
Does your girlfriend have a passport, even if it is expired?
Does she have a green card, birth certificate or valid/expired driver's license?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
shes here on a visa from russia
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and after we get a marriage license is there a waiting period to do the actual ceremony
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good morning,
It seems as though your professional has been away for about 3 days, would you like to continue to wait for her to return, or would you prefer to have another professional assist you?